5 Tips For Saving Water In Your Home
February 12, 2018
We have all become acutely aware of the water crisis looming in Cape Town, perpetuated by the three-year drought. With concerted efforts by the Capetonian residents, businesses, government and agricultural sector, “Day Zero” has been delayed to the 11th of May 2018.
While this drought has made saving water a primary concern, we should all be saving water across the globe, always. Water is a valuable resource that should be conserved whether there is a drought or not. Being a green household should be a way of life, not just something we resort to when resources have run out.
Here are our five best water saving tips:
- No Bathing - Take short showers with water output set to low pressure instead. Catch shower water with a bucket and use that water for when the toilet does need to be flushed.
- “If it’s Yellow, let it mellow” - Don’t flush the toilet every time you go. Ensuring a real green clean, the best cleaning products to use are products like the Biotech Bathroom Cleaner, which can be used to spray into the toilet to eliminate germs and odours. This is also one of the best bathroom cleaners for all bathroom cleaning needs.
- Keep a glass by your bathroom sink to use for rinsing when brushing your teeth instead of letting the water run from the faucet.
- Hand wash your dishes and/or don’t run the dishwasher unless it’s completely full. Use a green dishwashing liquid like Odorite Ultra Dishwashing liquid as these organic cleaning products help prevent harmful chemicals from being released into the water and drainage systems.
- Use cleaning products that require little or no rinsing. While chemicals need to be removed from the surface, environmentally friendly products can be left to do their job – making them more effective, while saving water.